Seitan and Broccoli Stir-Fry
This easy vegetable stir-fry showcases seitan’s unique flavor and texture. Serve with rice or noodles, and one of the many tasty salads featured in the category A Slew of Slaws.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, optional
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 large broccoli crowns, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds seitan or Homemade Seitan,
cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh or jarred ginger, or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon natural granulated sugar
Heat the oil plus 2 tablespoons water (or broth from the seitan) in a stir-fry pan or wok. Add the garlic and broccoli. Turn the heat to medium-high and stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is bright green.
Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until everything is sizzling hot. Add a small amount of additional water or seitan broth to the pan if it gets dry.
Serve at once, passing around additional soy sauce for seasoning individual portions.
Here are more:
- broccoli and cauliflower recipes
- seitan recipes
- easy vegetable stir-fries
- Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Seitan Main Dishes.