Tofu “Tuna” and White Bean Salad
Baked tofu makes a great stand-in for the tuna in the classic Italian pairing. This is a great companion with pasta dishes such as those listed under Pasta on the Lighter Side.
- One 16-ounce can canellini or great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 8- to 10-ounce package baked marinated tofu, finely diced
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives, preferably cured
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion rings
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon, to taste
- Curly green or red leaf lettuce leaves, as needed
Combine all the ingredients except the lettuce in a serving bowl and toss together. To serve, arrange 2 or 3 lettuce leaves on each plate and spoon some salad over them.
- Here are more easy tofu recipes.
- Explore Bean Salads for more easy, tasty ideas.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and more Main-Dish Salads.
Print This Post